Monday, June 16, 2008

Where's the punch and cookies?

Sorry, no pictures to document the Senior Safety class I taught today.  It was a real crack up.
I cover topics such as:  cooking safety, trip hazards, fire escape plans, inclement weather plans and last but not least, DO NOT RESUSCITATE PAPERS.  

Usually by the time I get to the last topic, a few are nodding off and we just move on to punch and cookies.  THE END.

Not today.  

BLUE HAIR #1:  "How come my family wants me die?  Nobody wants to do CPR on me."

ME:  Listening to the crickets and the birds chirping............

BLUE HAIR #2:  "Well I don't want anyone doing CPR on me.  You're crazy if you do."

ME: "It's important that you have this discussion with your family, and that they know your wishes.

BH#1:  "Well I want to know what you think."

This was a very slippery slope...We spent about 20 minutes on this one topic.  I'm glad we talked about it, but seriously...where are the punch and cookies?

1 comment:

Hooray said...

LOL!! that must have been REAL fun! cracking up