Friday, July 30, 2010

Dinosaur Desensitization Therapy

Alex sure looks like she's walking with a purpose.
We spent the day at Water World. We had so much fun...well, until the Dinosaur ride.
WHAT WAS I THINKING!??????
I'll tell you what I was thinking, I was thinking that Alex likes dinosaurs, and Alex likes the inner-tube rides. Put the 2 together, and "BOO-YA"!!! She's gonna love it.
This ride scared the poop outa her. She's been scared of the dark ever since, and she always mentions the dinosaurs and pool when the lights go out. She's been waking up in the middle of the night CRYING for her Mamas.
WHAT-WAS-I-THINKING??!!!
We have begun some intensive Dinosaur Desensitization Therapy (DDT).
This involves silly Dinosaur books from the Library, it involves talking about things that scare other kids, it involves a gi-normous belly laugh whenever the word "Dinosaur" is mentioned.

I am open to suggestions.

No comments: