Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 month old

Dear Alex,
You are already 1 month old.  Since this photo was taken, you've already grown 2 inches and gained 2 pounds!  No, I'm not calling you fat, I'm just saying...
This has been the best, and the hardest month of my life.  You haven't mustered up a smile for us yet, but I think you would if we were funny.  I just want you to know that it takes 3 times as many muscles to frown as it does to smile.  
You are getting real good at tracking us with your eyes, and you've even started sleeping 6 hours at night!  
Right now, you're the only person I know who can wipe their entire rear end with their heel.
You eat every 3 hours, and I cherish this time with you.  And although I consider taking a Vicoden before you "latch on", these are the best times of my day/night.
You should know that I've set some new standards for myself since you've come into my life...here are a few.
1.  If I don't get around to showering, I will at least take a cat bath every day and "knock the chunks off".
2.  Limit myself to 1 OPRAH show a day.  On several occasions, I've watched the SAME Oprah episode at 4 pm, and again at 4 am.
3.  When friends come over to meet you, I'm only going to pick my underwear out of my butt twice (per visitor).  
4.  Have my teeth brushed by noon.
5.  Count my blessings everyday.

I've had you on a strict schedule of EAT, PLAY, SLEEP, every 3 hours with time allotted for each.  This is so not me.  So for now, I'm going to put down the books, and I'm just going to soak up every second of time that I have with you...thanks for that lesson Alex.
Alex, we are sooooo lucky that you are healthy and cute (in that order).  And while I can't wait to show you how to ride a bike, and teach you how to climb trees, and read books, and count bugs, part of me wishes you won't ever grow up.  

Love,
Mama

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 month birthday, Alex!

Root said...

Kenny, I am going to stop reading your blog if it makes me cry each time I read it...

jannie said...

You are getting waaay too mushy...Congrats on the 1st month, hope your nipples feel better soon! Remember, Olive Oil!

A^T said...

What Root said.

Anonymous said...

Dee Dee said- Three cheers for Kendra!!! That was soooo beautifully said! Dare I say, it brought tears to my eyes. Love to the three of you!

reastman said...

Kenny, you've gone all soft and mushy inside...ahhh

Anonymous said...

So good. And crying...